Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: getting locked and loaded

Wanted to drop you a line on marketing, I can only speak for my area, but I have extensive experience in fliers because I have been to the majority of the houses in my area, and I don't live in a small area, I don't have exact numbers but I would say over 100,000. I started out with the notion that if I got out enough fliers that I would get busy, unfortunately I found that fliers definitely will get you some business but not enough to stay busy, and that I should have spent time and money elsewhere to start out, and then maybe get some fliers out during downtime to get more business. Some of my best customers have come from fliers, my personal experience has just been that it can be very time consuming and expensive (assuming you print a nice flier) and that there are better return on investment, especially on the internet. Feel free to contact me if you would like, I am in no way saying fliers don't work, I just know I banged my head against the wall for months hoping they would work better, and the funny part about it is, I would always make a decision to stop distributing, but then boom, I would get a good call from a flier, and keep goin . I can only speak for what has worked for me though.

Re: getting locked and loaded

I started my business 20 years ago. My first marketing was distributing fliers myself. I chose some of the more affluent neighborhoods in the city of Boston: Beacon Hill; the Back Bay; the South End; Charlestown; as well as in nearby Cambridge. I was looking to combine buying power, high value homes very close together, such as renovated attached 19th-century townhouses, 4 stories high, with a owner-occupied condo on each floor. I realize that not everyone lives close to such resources. As I started marketing to not such "low-hanging fruit", I started having fliers inserted into weekly community newspapers in the additional neighborhoods and towns I hoped to find customers in.
I still have customers today, 20 years later, from these efforts. Many locations got only one flier from me, although marketing professionals will advise that prospects need to see your message 5 or 10 times before calling you.

Today, however, print media is declining in impact.
The internet is king. A good content-rich website, using well chosen keywords, is a must for any business. I'm not sure about social media. It works for some companies, but it is very time consuming to make it work right, I have read. www.ocibr.com is a website on marketing for carpet cleaning companies. Go and have a look.