Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
should have vacuumed

Did my friends house today. Asked him to vacuum before I get there. Aside from some stains and spots, carpet looked pretty clean to begin with. And it didn't look like it needed to be vacuumed when I got there. After tilting the machine back to turn pad over, I noticed a lot of(and I mean alot) what I gather looks like tiny lint balls all over the pad. I didn't want to hurt his feelings so I just continued. 4 pads and all full of those tiny balls. Carpet looked great as I said it was pretty clean to begin with. The balls wouldn't wash off. Are they shot?

Re: should have vacuumed

Balls of what hair carpet fire ?

Not sure what they are. carpet was light brown. The balls are black.

Sounds like dog hair and filler fiber

I would guess them to be pet hair. They might not have come out via vacuuming anyway. The vibrations generated by an OP will bring a lot of this stuff to the surface. I wouldn't trash the pads, but you might need to spend a little time with a sharp scissors cutting them away.

Get some Duck Billed shears in the carpet section of your Home Depot. You can use them to trim your pads and you should have some to trim loose ends and frays of your customers carpets. They also come in handy for spot removal ;)

I frequently come across this. When I first started it was alarming, but I soon realized that it was indeed mostly pet hair. When I fill out my customer contact sheets one of the first questions I ask is if they have pets. If they do, I explain that even though they have vacuumed, our machine will bring this stuff up to the surface and that they can vacuum it up when it dries.Try to put a positive spin on it.

I have tried using one of those large electric lint removers to clean up the pads, but like Mark said, scissors or the way to go.