Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Polyester carpets black traffic and spots in general?

oil eater works great for me! I love the stuff! I get 5 gals for $55.00 and the stuff goes a long way.

I had a chance to try oil eater today on the situation that I run into every once in a while described above and it worked pretty good, the dark spot where the customer put their feet by the couch did not come all the way out, but it came out better than before, came to a dim gray. I have actually tried hot knife on this, and it worked okay, still did not come all the way out, but I also did not try a fiberplus like I did with the oil eater recently.

So is anyone able to get this type of stain all the way out, I am aware that traffic lanes and worn carpets look different even though they are clean, but I'm speaking of certain carpets that collect very dark spots where people put their feet usually right in front of the couch, or in front of an office chair, and only the carpet I described above, all other carpets don't seem to collects these dark spots????

I just want to make sure I am giving my customer good information, I don't think HWE would work better on this, but I have never tried it.

Maybe try using a stair tool in this limited area, and your most absorbent pads. With a small tool, you can kind of rock it, and push the edges (not too hard!) down into the soiled area.