Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The View from Down Under

G'day, mates! Here I am down near the bottom of the planet, and walking almost upside down, compared with you folks still in the northern hemisphere anyway. The famous Sydney Opera House is truly one of the world's great buildings. We've walked all around it, viewing it from every conceivable angle. Typically photographed from one angle, and at a distance, it appears as one single building, made up of several "sail" type structures. But it's actually three separate buildings, comprising, I think, 12 separate sail-type structures. Different types of stage performances take place in the different buildings. The monumental Sydney Harbor Bridge rises over the surrounding area like some huge coat hanger, as it is affectionately known by the locals. If you want to pay two or three hundred dollars, you can take a couple of hours of bridge-hiking training, put on a special bridge-hiking jumpsuit, and join a dozen or so other in actually climbing up and over the highest portions of this bridge.
I don't know of any other place on earth where people go hiking up and over a major city bridge. We haven't yet decided whether or not to try it.

Re: The View from Down Under

World traveller - the carpet cleaning business has been good to you?

Re: The View from Down Under

Mark is a very succesful hard working business owner

Who happens to be married to a Very smart succesful hardworking woman who was asked to go to OZ and teach for 3 weeks