Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NO MO' SNOW - PLEASE!

We in the Boston area are totally (well, almost totally) locked in by accumulated snow. About 5 feet of it so far this winter. And since there has been virtually no rain or temps above freezing to melt it down, city and town streets everywhere look like they are bordered by up to ten or twelve feet of plowed and frozen snow piles. It is now snowing again, with another two feet or so predicted over the next couple of days. Business-wise, this slows things down to a crawl, or less. My wife Donna and I will soon be traveling to Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia, (about 1.5 hours north of Sydney) where she will be a Visiting Professor at the University of Newcastle during the month of March. I, on the other hand, will be using the time, along with the very warm weather, the check out the sights & sounds of Greater Sydney, the nearby bush country, and perhaps some of the Outback as well. The daily temps in New South Wales right now are around 100 degrees Fahrenheit, and should still be very warm in a month.
Wish we could leave right now!

Re: NO MO' SNOW - PLEASE!

It's really cold here too, about 67°. Terrible, I tell you. Work has doubles from what we did this time last year! Mark if I had 5' of snow outside i'd figure a way to get Australia too.

Keep up the good work, Mike. At this point, I think I might even be willing to trade the winter snow & cold here for the oppressive heat of summer in southern AZ.

Mark, Know what you mean. Here in Mid-Missouri we have had more than normal our share of the whit stuff. Two days ago we got 18-22 inches. I am definitely ready for spring and summer! Take care........Sam