Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Upholstery

I only have the heavier stair tool by challenger and have had mixed results cleaning upholstery, any recommendations? Do some of you use OP only on upholstery also?

Re: Upholstery

I also use this along with 8 inch tuway's excllent results

Brandon, the 11" Challenger stair tool is much too heavy to try and use on upholstery. I strongly recommend a 6" orbiter, the rotary recommended here by Marc Imbesi, or a small HWE machine, or possibly a combo of orbital or rotary, followed by a HWE rinse.

thanks for the feedback guys.

I have a 5 inch random orbital sander, do you think that will work, I noticed the machine I have notes 7000-12000 Random Orbits per minute, and the drill driver master notes works in the 200 to 3377 RPM range.

Also is a bonnet more absorbent than a cotton pad, I noticed that you suggested a bonnet, does anyone use cotton pads?

"Bonnet" is a generic term for any kind of absorbent covering over a rotary or orbital machine of any size.
The greater the percentage of synthetic fibers in the pad/bonnet, they less absorbent it will be - UNLESS it is microfiber. Microfiber is synthetic material in which the individual fibers have somehow been split in gazillions of tiny cracks or apertures, which can absorb liquid. I really don't know which material - 100% cotton or microfiber - is the more absorbent. Maybe a materials scientist reading here can explain.

So does the rotary machine have a velcro plate? What kind of pads are used with a machine such as this, are the challenger stair tool pads good to use?

Yes the polisher has a velcro drive plate I have been using 8 inch tuways with good results

I bought some of the small Tuways (synthetic fibers) intending to use them with my stair tool, but I found them to cling so tightly to the velcro on my machine that it pulled the velcro off. So now I use the 14" pads (mostly cotton) that Challenger sells for their 11" (heavy!) stair tool. It doesn't rip the velcro off.

Mark: Are you saying that you use the Challenger stair tool pads on most of the upholstery you clean?

Forum: So does anyone have experience with attachments such as those sold from excellent supply like the brush attachment, what about the fiber plus pads for upholstery?

Anyone want to just comment in general on upholstery cleaning tips?

I appreciate the comments you all have left so far. I am just now getting experience with upholstery now that I am the only priority listing in my area under it on yp.com, I am sure that I will get better as I encounter different pieces just as the carpets, but I would appreciate any commentary on other cleaners' experience with upholstery. Last post on upholstery questions from me, I promise.........for now anyway.

Thanks

Also thanks for the advice on the Drill Master polisher, it was inexpensive, easy to handle, and I acquired it locally, I really appreciate the advice on that one.