Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Demo

Well I went and did a demo for Dirigo pines. I hauled my Challenger in and the facility engineer (Head janitor) looked at me then looked at the Challenger and said I didnt know a floor buffer could clean carpets. I almost lost it just from the expression on his face. He looked absolutely dumb founded. I sprayed a small hallway that was well used I looked for the biggest stains and ran the machine over it and it vanished. He could not believe it The stain was gone. He says the steam guy can eliminate it for a day or two but it comes right back. So that was my test. He is going to watch that section and watch for wick back. If it doesnt come back I have seven wings 3 floors and all of the cottages in this retirement community to clean.

Re: Demo

Steve
Well I went and did a demo for Dirigo pines. I hauled my Challenger in and the facility engineer (Head janitor) looked at me then looked at the Challenger and said I didnt know a floor buffer could clean carpets. I almost lost it just from the expression on his face. He looked absolutely dumb founded. I sprayed a small hallway that was well used I looked for the biggest stains and ran the machine over it and it vanished. He could not believe it The stain was gone. He says the steam guy can eliminate it for a day or two but it comes right back. So that was my test. He is going to watch that section and watch for wick back. If it doesnt come back I have seven wings 3 floors and all of the cottages in this retirement community to clean.
UPdate
Well I passed his test. His current cleaner is going belly up. Owner sold biz to a fly by night outfit with poor service. I did'nt know the previous guy was done.Just waiting for the paperwork to clear W-9 insurance etc to go through and waiting for the first job. The place has 166000 sq feet of carpeting. I gave him a price of .20 cents a square for the carpeting. Of course this is not going to done all at once but different sections are on a schedule some weekly monthly and quarterly. Mark do I need a bigger machine?

Congratulations on the sale! Did you use the 17" Challenger? Cleaner? Pad?

I used the normal size Challenger with Orbit and a very lightly dampened cotton pad (More for friction than absortion)

Wow, that's some facility! You will have to get a feel for how large an area you can do with just a Challenger, and whether the owners are happy with this rate of cleaning. If it's starting to seem slow to either party, I would recommend your investing in either a Challenger Max or an Orbitec CX-20. You will get your investment back in no time in that place.