Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Could you guys tell me your feedback on these OP machines?

Hey guys,

Hope that you all doing great.

I was wondering if you can give me your feed back on these OP machines, I want to buy a new ~21" OP machine that can do both residential and commercial. I want it to have a sprayer, and be able to do wood, grout and marble, too.

I have been looking on these OP machines:

20" CCS Brute HD
http://store.ccsop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_34&products_id=92

HOS Orbot
http://www.vacaway.com/vaMachines/hos/index.htm

last but not least,
http://www.challengerop.com/product/102

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Does anyone know if they sell the motor for the challenger Pad. I broke mind last night when I did my wood floor in my house. I stepped on it to see if I could get the wood shiner. It couldn't hold my wight and it just turn off and now it does not want to turn on.

Re: Could you guys tell me your feedback on these OP machines?

check your overload switch, it's just below the top plate with the (2) screws. its a red button that you push and you will hear an audible ting noise from the bi-metas being reset. i would try that first.

i have only used the 15" and 17" from challenger have made a lot of money with both, in fact just hired a sales manager!

can't speak for the other machines though.

Thanks Mike, that solved my issue with the Challenger Pad.

You are trying to do too many things with a single machine, size-wize, anyway. 20 and 21 inch machines, especially those outfitted with 3-gallon solution tanks, pumps, and spray systems, are going to be too large, heavy, and cumbersome for most houses. Better to limit these to your larger commercial jobs, where you have both ramps for building access as well as elevators for movement between floors. Keep your standard size Challenger for work in homes. Machines that would be good for both residential and commercial would be the Challenger Titan 17 and the Orbitec Defender 17.

I could'nt imagine using a 21" w/ a tank in a home.

houses here are so cluttered and small.

great advise Mark

Actually, last Friday, I did an empty house, about ~3500 s.f. It took me like 6 hrs from the time I came in and left the house. At that time, I wanted to use a bigger and faster machine. Plus I want the 20" to be used for commercial jobs.

3500 s.f. is a pretty big house. I hope you charged them at least .20/s.f. If so, then you made $700, which is about $115 per hour. But unless your area is very different from mine, you won't get too many 3500 s.f. residential jobs. If you are going to invest in additional equipment for moving more quickly thru your larger jobs, I still advise either the Challenger Titan 17 or the Orbitec Defender 17.