Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
vacuum cleaner

Whats a good cost effective vacuum for pre and post vacuuming? Right now i am using my wifes bissell turbo something or another, but was wondering if there is a good choice out there from any of your experienced ccs? I was thinking about the shark, it gets a lot of good press and is around 160.00$ in Walmart. thanks.....Sam

Re: vacuum cleaner

My vacuum of choice is the Kenmore Progressive. It lists for around $300, but is usually available at Sears for around $225. It's my choice since pretty much every year it wins the Consumer Reports Magazine
competition for best pet hair picker-upper. And in this business, you run into a lot of pet hair. It also seems not to clog up when you are vacuuming up damp carpet after cleaning it.

my all time fav (so far) is the Dyson DC07.

I agree mark I also use the progressive suction is awesome..

Derek and Michael! Two old buddies back the same day!
Great to hear from both of you.

Sam,

I too have a progressive as a backup vac, and it is one helluva vac, BUT....
I was told by an old pro, "Don't use machines that Joe Schmoe can buy in a store, If you want to be a professional, use professional tools."
I'm not knocking any machine you can buy at Sears or Wally-World, BUT I do agree with the fact that your better off buying and using commercial tools if nothing else, just for the sake of appearance.
For the Same money you can spend at a local retail store, there are a lot of options to buy a commercial unit of some sort. I use a :

Clean Max Pro Quick Draw Vacuum, cost $279.95
and is a True HEPA Vac, and there are plenty for even less money then that.

I'm new at this game too and by no means a seasoned Vet, but I'm shootin' to stay in this game long enough
to become one.

Just my two cents for what it's worth.

Lance