Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
White Berber

I cleaned my first white berber today and thank everyone for their posts on berber cleaning. It made the difference! Use abstraction to clean the heavy traffic areas then encapped. My customer was my future mother in law. She was impressed and loved the result. I did have to work the areas at the carpet tile interface because they seemed to have attracted the most dirt. An recommendations for future jobs on cleaning the carpet edge? Encapp ...rub in with a brush and OP it????

Thanks for your help and continued support.

Mike

Re: White Berber

A small stair tool such as the one included in my Package
can be useful in tight areas, or where carpet meets another floor material. It has a 6" oscillating head like an orbital car buffer/polisher, and can function like the floor sander's edger tool.

Helped out a fellow OP CCer today who separated his shoulder over the holiday and had a chance to use your hand tool as you suggested and it worked great. I wonder if you've sourced a heavier duty tool (more Hp). The one you provided in your starter kit works fine but just like the floor machines more power can be good.

Mike

BTW - I was so pleased with the hand tool I encaped the carpet in my Tahoe and experimented with the Envirex Brush & Bonnet - Encapsulating Bonnet Cleaner. The product worked great. Still would like to know if anyone else uses/used Envirex

Re. other stair tool options: Challenger sells a larger and heavier one on its website - about $350. I found it tiring and cumbersome to use on stairs, so I designed a handle for it, and now use it as a small area floor machine. oou could als look into Argo's Argonaut (http://www.argoco.com).