Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1% Using Flyers

I have average about 1% throwing flyers in driveways of homes. In our area we have a lot of nice housing divisions. we use a nice 4x6 postcard printed by GOTPRINT.COM (5k printed for $100 plus shipping) and we buy garden rocks the white ones($5 at home depot one bag per 400 to 500 flyers). we clean these and put about 3 rocks in a nice zip lock bag($2 to $3 per box of 250 to 300).
the rocks are clean so theres no dust, and our 4x6 cards fit perfect and theres just enough weight to throws these flyers into the driveway while your sitting in the passenger seat and someone else driving.

it takes sometime cleaning the rocks and stuffing bags, but me and my family do it together.

me and my brother can throw about 400 flyers in 30mins. this is much cheaper than mailouts and i know my flyers are getting delivered right where i want them.

heres a link to my website- still cheasy just started it, actually taking classes for web design so hopefully in a few months it will look professional!

the top portion of the page is the front of my card and the bottom is the back. we have gotten nothing but compliments from our approach and our cards!..

It took me some time but i designed the cards myself.

http://gogreencarpetcleaning.org/default.aspx

what other ways do you guys advertise.

Re: 1% Using Flyers

how well does the halo work and do u charge extra for it

Making a lot of claims not sure you can back them up. In AZ you would be in deep trouble as the pest control guys would have you in court in no time. Good luck in this business its a great one (I will have 35 years Oct. !) been good for me.
Twenty five years ago I put flyers on doors still have a couple of those customers and many of the referrals from them, it works just have to do a lot.

from all that ive read it does work, i dont charge extra i use it to grab attention for healthy customers. it has worked well. from being around ac and clean air effects. hospitals use uv-lighting for this purpose with things that are airborne. you cant control how long something airborne stays in the uv-light but its effective. but you can control how fast you run the vacuum and i go over each section with several passes. im just starting out so im happy being between 50 & 80 dollars an hour. i pre-vac and post vac with it. it has 2 seperate motors one brush and other vacuum. the brush motor has a swicth at the handle. it uses hepa bags - instead of open canisters so your not exposed to the dust and dirt vacuumes up.

ive been pleased with it, it has a safety shutoff for when the bag gets to full.

oreck just bought out halo, i know dyson also claims to be able to remove dust-mites.

if pest guys bother me i guess ill forward them to oreck or halo

Mike. Great idea - the rocks in the bag with your card or flier!