Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
how do you clean marble flooring?

does anybody offer marble floor cleaning?
i have someone wanting me to do this, im politely turned it down but the door is still open. really kinda nervous, i dont wanta replace nuthin i might damage . or is it best to leave that to the birds

Re: how do you clean marble flooring?

Many people with marble floors really don't understand what they need when their floors start looking dingy and dull. They think: "I know, I'll have them cleaned, so they'll look all new and shiny again". But what they usually need is polishing, or honing & polishing.
This work is normally performed by people who are expert, experienced stone floor refinishers, and the going rate is $5 per sq. ft. and up.
There is a newly emerging method of polishing marble floors using diamond impregnated floor pads. I actually have a set (pricey at about $750) but haven't used them yet. Do a Google search for
"monkey pads" or "eco pads" or "twister pads". Throw in the word "marble" as well to be sure to get to the right websites. These pads were recently developed to be used with traditional 175-RPM floor machines, but I've seen a couple of posts on c.c. boards elsewhere saying they seem to do the best job when used with OP machines.
If simple cleaning is all your customer's marble flooors really do need, then just spray down a little neutral or alkaline cleaner and scrub away with some terrycloth pads. Never use an acid cleaner, as marble is dulled by acids of any type.

Re: how do you clean marble flooring?

well i guess ill leave it to the experts