Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
another win to challenger!

I got a tile&grout job today, before it was awarded they wanted a demo since the year prior they had the steam cleaners do them and werent able to get them clean. on a dark grou line in the kitchen below the stove, so it was nice and greasy but the challenger held true and customer was impressed and we have the job :o)

Re: another win to challenger!

Go Mike. You the Grout King!

more like burger king ;O)

Mike,

Can you send us a quick list with the steps you took to clean the tile and grout ?

Also, how did you keep the cleaning solution from splashing other areas of the house?

Thanks !

ive been using tile lab cleaner from home depot. they have a cleaner/sealer thats greener than conventional and its non acidic. im having difficulty with splashing though , i know its non acidic but it doesnt look good while im working to have it splashing around. if you tilt your machine slightly to one side you can choose which way to spray .
i applied my solution with scrub brush/sponge, i chose the sponge simply because it wont absorb as much as a mop. I didnt want to had a whole lot of solution to make up the difference. at the oposite side of my sponge is a stiff nyon brush so i can get grout lines right up against the wall. then ill clean up much of the solotion with my sponge mop. then use challenger and pad. seems to work so far.

i want to ome up with an additional skirt to stop the splashing altogether. something soft but stury enough not to under. that would be flush with the driver.

let me know what you guys do.

i love Marks forum its made me a all round floor guy . guess it helps im already round

For a cheap and effective splash guard, go to a garden supply store or department, and buy a few feet of that black plastic stuff that's used to divide different garden areas from each other. Make a circle of it that's just a little bit larger than the Challenger's working driver and housing. Keep it closed with duct tape or whatever seems to work to make a closed circle. With this on the floor surrounding the Challenger brush, the splashing is contained within the plastic ring you've made.

i wonder how the splash effect is on the challenger Titan? I wonder if having a fuller brush like the one they are now using will make a difference. since the typical one they carry has so much space bewteen the bristled areas allowing for a slapping motion for the solutions. im hoping the new brush will keep some of it down.

i will keep that in mind Mark, if the newer brush doesnt help