Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Upholstery

I used my stair tool from challenger using encap green to clean a brown micro fiber couch and it came out good, but I am weary of offering it to customers when they call because I am not familiar with upholstery cleaning and different types of fabric and would hate to ruin someone's couch, does anyone have any suggestions? thanks
Also my velcro keeps coming unglued from the foam pad, I am assuming that this happens often since I only used once or twice and it started to come up, I tried to use epoxy on it but it only lasted one job and is now halfway off again, I am thinking about using staples and glue, has anyone encountered this problem?

Re: Upholstery

Yours must be one of the last where I still glued the velcro to the foam head. What I've been doing more recently is to first, using a sharp, long serrated bread knife, slice off the softer foam down to where it meets the base of some kind of firmer material. Then I apply Gorilla Glue to the base (there will probably still be a little of the soft foam remaining, so make sure you apply enough of the glue, and maybe work it in with your fingertip in a plastic bag.) I also apply some of the glue to the back of the velcro, place it on the machine, then fully tape it in place with something like duct tape or strapping take. I then let it sit all day or overnight, then I remove the tape carefully so as not to pull the velcro up from the edges. This seems to hold on forever.