Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Little extras

On an otherwise routine job yesterday, I noticed that in the family room there were many brownish-orange stains in the middle of each footprint of the sofa, loveseat and chair. The customer said that the last time they had the carpets cleaned, it was by a HWE truck mount process. She said she asked how long it would take to dry, and they told her "just a few hours" So after a few hours she removed the little plastic square sheets that the cleaning company had left under the furniture legs. When she next moved one of these pieces of furniture, she saw the rust stains. I removed all of the rust stains in just a few minutes with my Vacaway Rust Assasin, and she was soooooo happy, and paid $20 above my invoice amount. I expect I'll be hearing from her again.

Re: Little extras

Mark i have a question i know you advertise all natural products but some of the spot solvents i have seen on vacaway contain synthetic chemicals. Is there spot removers that are %100 natural? do you notify the customer that this is what is required to remove a difficult - say with "vacaway's (pigout)" and then pad cap that area well when stain has been removed?
just curious to see how everyone handles these situations.

thanks for the input
mike

any input by others would also be appreciated, i am new to this industry and want a clearer vision as to how others operate or handle situations that arise.

thanks
mike

If I believe the customer to be strongly in the all-natural camp, I will inform him/her that in order to have the best chance to deal with certain stains, I would have to use tiny amounts of a more traditional, chemical-based product. I would say that 90% of these people say "go ahead". I did a job yesterday for a couple just moving into a condominium with just over 1000 s.f. of off-white carpet just loaded with those rust spots caused by HWE cleaning followed by too-soon replacement of the furniture. I was again using the Vacaway Rust Assassin product, which COMPLETELY removed them all! The new owners, having called me due to my reputation for using bio-based products, were fine with the product, once I showed them how well it worked on one test area.