Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CHALLENGER QUESTION

I HAVE BEEN CLEANING CARPETS FOR ABOUT A YEAR.I HAVE RUN INTO CARPET THAT HAS LIKE DIMPLES IN IT,OR LITTLE HOLES,IN A PATTERN IN RESIDENTIAL CARPET.AFTER CLEANING THE TRAFIC LANES THEY DISAPEAR,MAKING CUSTOMER MAD.HOW DO I COUNTER ACT THIS PROBLEM? IS THE CHALLANGER TO AGRESIVE FOR SOME UPPER END CARPETING? WHEN I SEE THIS TYPE OF CARPETING SHOULD I RUN?ITS NOT THAT I'M LETING THE CHALLANGER RUN IN ONE SPOT.I MIGHT GO OVER THE TRAFFIC AREA 2-3 TIMES TO REMOVE SOIL,BUT IT SEEMS TO FRIZ UP THE CARPET AND HIDE THE PATTERN.I WET THE AREA VERY WELL ALSO,TO TRY TO CUT DOWN ON THE FRICTION.WHAT SHOULD I BE DOING,TO STOP THIS?

Re: CHALLENGER QUESTION

This is not a situation or a carpet type that I recognize - dimples, etc. If I think I might be applying too much pressure in a situation, I will move to a less aggressive glider, to see if that will remedy the problem. Other than that, I'm not sure what else to say. I will direct your post to Lee and Chris Watson, and perhaps they will have a suggestion.
And I don't think it has anything to with high-end vs. low-end carpet.

dave,

if yer saying the carpet appears to be frizzing up,and removing the pattern, or dimples as ya call em, it sure sounds like yer bloomin the heck out of the carpet! are ya keepin the pads wet enough, and are ya putting down adequate pre-spray?

if it just happened in the traffic areas, where ya said ya went over it 2 or 3 times, each time ya go over an area, ya should change yer pad.

thats about all i can think of

I have not seen the "dimpled" carpet either but would recommend use of the thicker glider and the other suggestions given.

Lee

You could try finding a pic of the carpet type you are talking about. Try google images, then when you find it post a pic or a link, then we might have some feedback for you. Hard to know what you're referring to.