Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Quick Marketing Story

I concentrate on residential, I was previously in the residential roofing industry, so it came natural, a very effective way to market roofing to homes is door to door handbills, however after 17,000 fliers, that means that I or someone I paid went to 17,000 homes, I found that in OK it is not a very effective way to market carpet cleaning, but guess what, bandit signs are, I was ready to pursue other things, not because I didn't like CC, it was because I was not doing a lot of CC, so after failing to sell my equipment, I decided to change strategy, and "some-what start over" I lost a lot of money in flier distribution, but now make a lot of money off of simple $3.50 signs I move around the metro, I get calls all the time now, and I only just started, I've only got out around 5, which I will keep increasing until it becomes in bad taste, so if anyone is slow, and doesn't use them already, try them out.

Re: Quick Marketing Story

Please tell us a little more about the signs:
--what do they say?
--what size are they?
--where do you locate them? Public or private property?
--Do they get removed?
--Do people complain?
etc. etc,
--How are they installed? Poles? Walls?

The signs simply say my company name on top, and then Carpet Cleaning in the middle, and my number at the bottom, they are around 2ft x 2.5ft inches big, made of chloraplast, with green vinyl laminate writing, I use H-hangers to put the signs up, they are thin medal rod sign holder in the shape of an H, I locate them on private and public land, usually I will put the sign at the main entrance/exit locations of the neighborhood there is usually some kind of land that isn't being used near these places, if not, then usually right before any type of sign, people do take them though, but I just keep buyin more, people don't complain, although I try to leave it for a bit, and then come get it.

I have used this method locally for firewood and wood pellets. I got the ever popular "I didn't know you sold that" from existing customers as well as bringing in new ones.

Thanks for reminding me!

Did you make these up yourself or did a print shop do them for you? I paid about $26 for 2x2.5's....