Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tile and grout residential?

I have tried my challenger T & G brush two times, once using hard floor surface cleaner from Challenger, and once with "Zep" grout cleaner and whitener from Home Depot, both times there was no big difference, I have seen that Mark uses Tile Lab, does that work? and can I just put it down and run the challenger T & G over it, any help would be appreciated thanks. Also, does anyone charge more for this, it seems like it takes a while........

Re: Tile and grout residential?

I have a $150 minimum. I charge $1/s.f. for small jobs, and reduce this rate as job size increases.

Brandon, did you mean in your post that there is no real difference between the cleaners mentioned, or there is no real difference between before cleaning and after cleaning?

I meant that the grime did not budge on the floors?

Oh yeah, and how does the tile lab work, how is it applied?

With any product like this, you have to read the label on the container. It usually says either ready-to-use, or how to mix it with water depending upon how soiled the floor is. The real experts on T&G cleaning are at http://www.dirtygrout.com. See what you can learn there. I am surprised that you say you had limited results. I've had people post on this Forum that had better (and faster) results with a Challenger and its T&G brush than they had with a truck-mount and a Turbo tool.

Just found that I am out of T&G cleaning product, so I can't take a look at the label. It is normally sprayed onto the floor, aiming particularly at the grout lines. Then give it several minutes of dwell time before scrubbing with whatever tool or machine you scrub with.
But keep in mind that most grout is just basically a cement & water mixture, so there are any number of ways to clean it. Just a few examples of what people have used to clean grout:

oxygenated bleach; chlorine bleach; scouring cleaning products such as Ajax or Comet; toothpaste; vinegar & water in a 50/50 solution; sulfamic acid in crystal form; alcohol; baking soda; a mix of vinegar & baking soda; acidic toilet bowl cleaner; hydrogen peroxide, alone or mixed with baking soda; Mr. Clean; Lysol;
folded sandpaper; a steam vapor machine; and the off-the-shelf commercial cleaning products (like Tile Lab) found in hardware stores and home supply centers.