Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
HWE rates?

Mark do you have an idea of the going commercial rate for HWE? I looked at a project today with nearly 3k sf. Same project is inquiring about santitizing.

Thanks
Peter

Re: HWE rates?

I have a couple of jobs in the 15,000 to 20,000 sq. ft. range that I'm able to do at 17 cents per sq. ft.
I've also bid that figure on jobs in the 3000 sq. ft. range, and not gotten them. I would say try it at .15/sq. ft. That would be about a $450 job. I don't know how long it would take you, because I don't know what machine/s you have to work with.
If you have something the size of a standard Challenger, I would definitely recommend that you hire someone on a hourly rate to do the spraying for you. And do it as an encapsulation job. If on the other hand you have a machine like the Challenger Max, Orbitec CX20, or HOS Orbot-Sprayborg, with a tank/pump/ and spray system on-board, you may not need a 2nd person, and you should be able to do 3000 sq. ft. by yourself in about an hour and a half, thereby earning yourself in the range of $300 per hour. If you are working this way, it speeds things up if you have your cleaning solution mixed up before you get to the job site.

Encap is out because he doesn't want anything left behind. He is considering Microban because of the sanitizing capability.

I am using a standard challenger set up.

Peter

Encap is what you use (other than water alone) when you DON'T want anything - or much of anything - left behind. The theory behind encap products is that the residue, when full dried and cured, will snap off and get vacuumed up. Other (standard) cleaning products are not able to do this. Some encap products work better than others, and there are as many favorite products as there are people using the products.