Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Best Vacuum Poll?

In need of some opinions, I've been searching the Forums, but still looking for more input.

I want to buy a Vacuum Cleaner for Pre and Post Vacuuming, something sturdy and dependable that won't clog when post vacuuming.
What do you think?
Hoover? Kenmore Progressive? Dyson?
I really don't want to buy two vacuums yet at this point, (One for pre and one for post).

I'd appreciate hearing opinions and experiences.
Thanks,
Lance

Re: Best Vacuum Poll?

Pullman Holt UV5 upright.

Same as the Proteam 1500XP which sells for $450. Do a search online you see the facts.

Comes with on board tools as well.

They have a deal on the CleanFax magazine, i just received mine a few days ago.

$189.00

www.pullmanholtdirect.com

here's the ones i've tried and the winner for post-vac'ing and not having to worry about clogging:

Bissel Clearview (or is it Cleanview) - clogged on the very 1st post-vac.....clogged BAD!! my neighbor got a free "new" vacuum after that job..

Lindhaus Activa - clogged all the time after post-vac.

Dyson Animal - too aggressive (maybe the brush strip is too sturdy) which caused it to clog.

Dyson basic DC07 - perfect! has never clogged for me.

i'm on my 2nd DC07 and will be purchasing another one in next 6 months.

Hands Down the best OP vacume is the Power Flite 747 with the disposable paper bag option. They cost about $250.00 bucks and the one purchased 4 years ago has never clogged, leaked water and is easy to clean. Don't go for the Ironsides model as it has too much power and sucks itself to the floor making it too dificult to push. The 747 model is just right for me.

John

I'm with John.
works great for post vac, easy to clean, very durable, keeps going and going like the enigizer bunny. I have not tried the one Bill likes but I hear a lot positive stuff about them.

Hey Derek,
Is the dyson that was too aggressive you reference the dc17 or dc14 (or something else). My mother in law just recently got the dc14 and I have to say I think it would hold up better to OP work than the dc17 which I had and hated. With the dc14 the top of the cyclone cup opens so you can clean it out in there if any clogs plus the filter. It also has a pop out part right where the dirt leaves the base and enters the hose. Seems like it would work pretty well.

I have a Lindhaus Diamante which works well, easy to fix any clogs when they (rarely) happen, and the baseplate pops right off for cleaning. However it is way too expensive, and the bags cost too much too. I think I'd recommend the Pullman Holt (as recommended above) for a bagged model with tools.

I have a Royal which is a great machine for the pre-vac however it has so much suction (125 cfm) if you use too much water it will actually suck it up which creates it's own problems.

Grant,

yes i just checked my email records and the DC17-ANIMAL is what i registered with Dyson.

it is purple.

i don't like it at all for post-vac'ing after OP'ing resi / plush carpet....sits in my van as a back up. works great on CGD though.

i still prefer my DC07.

I recently bought a Kenmore Progressive after reading how it topped all others in Consumer Reports' pet hair removal tests. When using it for post-vac, it hasn't clogged up on me yet.

I see that a lot of you do the post vacuum after cleaning the carpets. Most of the time I pre-vacuum and then I use my Challenger (pad cleaning) and the results are very good. What are the benefits of the post vacuum?

Thanks !

Gus,
Unless I'm cleaning large commercial spaces of fairly clean carpet with encap. solution I post vac every time. The O.P. method does a great job of pulling grit, sand, hair etc. lodged from whin the pile. I like to be thourough and post vacuming removes an incredible amount of this newly dislodged dirt. Try it once then clean out your vacume or look into your vacume bag to see what you would have left behind without post vacuming.

P.S. I use the Power Flite 757 for both pre. and post vacuming. A simple cleaning after each job prepares my equipment for the next time without problems. I like the fact that this vacume says "commercial" on it and doesn't look like anything you would see on the shelf in a retail outlet.

John

Thanks for the feedback John ! I will try that next time...