Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rough Unfinished Wood Floor!

Hello from Lance,
I am excited and looking forward to receiving my Challenger Package, (Just Ordered). I'm going to be using it as a "second income" at this time as well as for personal use in my restaurant. Here's a floor I would sure appreciate some feedback on.
My place is quite unique, a rustic "barnboard" Western looking Steakhouse, complete with an authentic
antique carousel in the Bar, (We don't run it anymore but it is a great conversation piece) Anyway, the flooring in the bar area is best described as untreated rough lumber, and it gets a LOT of abuse as you might guess. I want to try the challenger on it with the Tile and Grout brush just to see what it will do, my question is, what would you think would be the best way to attack this? Will any chems. that come with my package do the trick? By the way, this floor cant be hurt, there's no finish on it at all.
Looking forward to some feedback.

THanks,
Lance

Re: Rough Unfinished Wood Floor!

Lance, this sounds like it needs sanding more than cleaning, as you describe it. Over at
www.challengerop.blogspot.com, Chris Watson tells a story of how she sanded and refinished a wood floor with a Challenger.

How about using the tile and grout brush just to loosen embedded soil and follow up with a good vacuumming? Would this hurt the tile and grout brush, Mark?

Sounds too tough for the T&G brush.

I guess I should be more clear on the condition of it, this floor isn't pitted or totally untreated.
I guess you could compare it to a floor like you might see in a "Texas Roadhouse franchise" restaurant??
Smooth enough, but no polyurethene or Varnish on it to worry about beating up.
I am hoping the Tile and grout brush might work on it.
Maybe I can snap a couple of shots of it with my digi cam and email them to you.

Lance
"COmfort Carpet Care" ..... I think that's what I'm goin' with

I still like Comfort ZONE Carpet Care.

I do too, but there is a "Comfort Zone" heating and air conditioning in my area. Would prefer that name but , I think it may confuse the public.What do you think?

Lance

Guess they got there first.