Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Challenger Max Wheels

Does anybody else own a challenger max? I'm wondering how you are setting the wheels. There are 3 settings for the wheels. I've been putting it on the highest setting which puts the machine closest to the ground, close to a wheels "off the ground" machine but not quite. It works well on this setting except for on CGD glued directly to concrete, I get a rough ride in this scenario with regular OP pads. Anybody else have some experiences they can share?

Re: Challenger Max Wheels

interesting. why is it made to adjust the wheels? why not make it like the Cimex where it doesn't have to be set at different heights???

Good question Derek, maybe an engineer can chime in?

Any Max owners out there who can share?

Chris says: The short answer is that we have had customers request the adjustable wheels. As you can imagine, fixed position wheels would be easier to manufacture and less costly. We have had a number of customers who want "stationary" wheels, wheels on the ground, due to the weight of the machine and ease of movement in large commercial settings. On the other hand we have had customers who have requested wheels up, "floating" for the freedom of movement to go side to side as well as back and forth. This makes the Max more like the Challenger and some customers are so used to the movement of the Challenger that they felt uncomfortable with a restriction of movement caused by wheels on the ground.

Lee says: The Max is unique in the commercial category of OP machines in part because the wheels can be adjusted up or down. The advantage in this unique design is three fold.
1) The Max can be adjusted to the user’s particular preference so that no matter the pad, or the carpet, or the user’s style, the Max will glide smoothly through the cleaning process.
2) The Max design, with the adjustable wheel, has been refined to rapidly be changed to various levels with the twist of a knob.
3) The Max has expanded uses which would not be possible if limited to a wheels-on-the-floor design. One of the expanded uses, as you can see on the Challenger Chat room, was to sand down a wood floor to the bare grain so that it can be refinished to look like new again. Another of the expanded uses, that we have not even talked about publicly, is in hard surface floor refinishing where you use acid in the maintenance of stone flooring. We have a sales rep who specializes in that work and is working with us in adapting the Max for this application. He has been using it for some time now and the “wheels up” design is required for this application.
We hope this clears up some confusion on this topic. Thanks for asking!

wow, great info thanx L&C

Thanks much for the info, I appreciate much the comments behind making the machine the way it is.

I think the unit I have was one of the "prototypes" and didn't have all of the refinements. I can still adjust the wheels but not with the "twist of a nob" so to speak.

Grant, that is correct. The shop has simplified the change mechanism and increased the number of settings
available for the wheels to move into since your machine came out. We are continually trying to respond
to suggestions and requests from cleaners in the field so we can make the Challenger brand the goto machine.