Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
new /questions

Hi everybody I have been reading your comments for the last several weeks and its been a lot of great info. I have got my money together but before I spend it I have a couple of questions. First of all I want to thank Mark for the answers to my earlier e-mail questions. What I would like to know is the challenger the best op machine (i have read were some use other machines) and how informative is Marks business information. Thanks for any info.

Re: new /questions

I have been running my business using Challengers for several years now - maybe as long as ten years. Prior to this I continued to try and eventually discard a number of other types of low-moisture carpet cleaning equipment. The Challenger remains my choice for residential work, as well as some small-to-medium sized commercial jobs. Along the way, when I wanted a machine with faster production in commercial situations, I added an Orbitec CX-20, which I like a lot. I also sell the Orbitec line of machines (www.orbitecsolutions.com) When I purchased the Orbitec, Challenger had not yet come out with its own version of a commercial machine - the MAX. The pad driver on the MAX is actually 4 inches larger in diameter than my Orbitec - 21" to 17". If you are planning to start a carpet cleaning business with an eye to doing mostly residential business, I think you would be very happy with the Challenger.

I'm happy with my challenger, and so are many people i know.

As to the latter question about Mark's information, I think you will find it all to be very true, especially about how much you will make in revenue, I live in Oklahoma so the cost of living is lower here, but I usually gross 50-60 dollars an hour, sometimes more, and a good piece of literature is on one of the posts before this one, about steam cleaning versus op cleaning, I use speech from it all the time to close my residential customer, I have found that 100% of the customers I have met, who have used "steam" cleaning in the past prefer op cleaning, so go out and get a challenger if you want to go residential, and charge as much as the big dogs if not more, that's what I do.