Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Glad pads & Challenger

Has anyone used these two together? I recieved some glads a couple weeks ago, they have a tendancy to scrunch up alot...stopped using them because they were takin to much time...any advice?

Re: Glad pads & Challenger

There have been several posts on this Forum saying how great Gladiator pads are. This is the first one that offers another opinion. I have never used them so I'm just reading the various opinions.

The only time I've had a problem with the Glads is when I didn't center them on the driver.
I purcahed some new Glads and ran them with the velcro slight bent on one side and tore a couple.
Now the 100 cotton are a different story. Once they get to thin and worn, they get curl under the driver every time.

Thanks for the replies guys. I'm thinking maybe my velcro is getting too worn? How would I go about replacing that?

If you're talking a normal challenger it likely indicates there's not much stickiness left to your pad driver. I'd recommend just getting a new one. I get a new one about once every year and a half. I have exclusively used gladiator pads since they hit the market with my challenger with not one ever bunching up EVER.

If you're using a challenger max, my experience has thus far been than there is NO pad yet for sale anywhere I'm aware of other than a tuway that doesn't bunch up under it, at least on occasion.

I also have no problems w/ my glads and challenger.

Just got me 10 new ones a few days ago, but don't want them to get dirty! lol

Grant, by Max do you mean the 3/4hp challenger? that is what I have. Velcro is a bit bent on the edges...so that could be a problem too. Thanks agian for the replies

The 3/4 hp Challenger is not the MAX. It is the optional motor for the standard size Challenger. The MAX has a 1.0 hp motor.