Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Great Moments in Sports

I'm old enough now to realize that professional athletes are not the real heroes we thought they were when we were very young and imprsssionable. The real heroes in this world are those who toil selflessly for the benefit of others, not overpaid athletes whining about not getting enough "touches" of the ball But having lived in the Boston area all my life, the only real sports champions we ever had were the Celtics - a sports dynasty if there ever was one. The Red Sox were nearly always a middle-of-the-pack team, and the early editions of the Patriots were far from awe-inspiring. Other than the 2 Stanley Cups won in the early 70s by the Bruins (Bobby Orr, Phil Esposito, & Derek Sanderson) the Celtics for years were our only top-level pro team. Our hoop idols were many: Bob Cousy; Bill Russell, Tom Heinsohn, John Havlicek,
and of course, in the 80s, the greatest frontcourt ever assembled - Larry Bird, Kevin McHale, and Robert Parrish, with Bill Walton, for God's sake, in top form, COMING OFF THE BENCH!! Since then, unfortunately, it's been tough going for Celts - lean year after lean year.
That's why right now everyone around Boston and most of New England, is absolutely giddy about what this year's Celtics have achieved - another championship banner hanging from the rafters in the Garden. And to have achieved this against our arch rival Lakers, including an absolute dismantling in Game #6 of Ko-Bee & the Euro-Weenies.

Well, I try where at all possible to keep this forum on the subject of OP carpet cleaning, but sometimes other thoughts just kind of force their way out. So, sorry, all of you non-Celtics fans (and I know there are A LOT of you out there.) I just had to get this post off my chest.