Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
couple big (for me) resi jobs this week...

business is relatively slow this time of year for me. did 2 repeats last week. 1 house Tuesday and 1 on Friday. used my trusty Challenger with Punch and was very pleased with results.

1890 sq.ft. took me, from driving up to driving away, 7.5 hours. made $1106.30...i still hate resi and prefer commercial but, i am getting faster with my Challenger...same 2 jobs woulda taken me an extra 5 hours 2 years ago.

still, i'm happy with the results & money.

looking forward to a BUSY spring full of commercial work!!

get ready fellas

Re: couple big (for me) resi jobs this week...

I take it the 1890 s.f. was in ONE HOUSE? That's a lot of carpet for just one house. While your dollars earned per hour were quite impressive (approaching $150) your s.f. rate seemed unnecessarily low, at under .06/s.f. Is that the economic reality in your area, or were you just being a nice guy?

Mark, at .06/sf he would have only made $113.40... You must be tired.

Nice job Derek.

LOL... for real! He got 58 cents a s.f and $147 per hour. That's darn good! Great going Derek!

whoa Mark

i know not every1 charges that much or wants to, only reason i do is because i dislike resi. other ppl, like Mike P. (and quite a few others), charge more than me... but i dont have the gumption to....or the guts honestly

for commercial i charge way less per sq.ft.

but again, the busy season is coming fellas....get your fav cleaning solution orders in and get ready to roll

let's have fun out there! --- Derek.

I thought 30-35 cents was the norm? I would do the happy dance all day long if I could get work at even 40 cents. Way to go Derek!

Oops. Decimal point in the wrong place. (Hope I haven't been doing this on my invoices!)
Way to go, Derek!

hiyas Andy

there is honestly no "norm" in pricing in this industry. you will find resi prices from 10¢ - 80+¢....depends on many factors.

since i am not targeting resi i can afford to be on the higher end. admittedly, i do NOT close the deal with all new resi prospects...i make the resi sale less than 30% of the time is my guess.

if resi was my bread and butter, i would not charge as much because i would need to close more sales to feed the fam. once my client base grew to a certain level i would steadily begin to raise prices and seperate the thorns and keep the roses. this is what i've done and continue to do with my commercial clients.

thanx --- Derek.

I know what you mean Derek, I have raised my window cleaning rates sky high for the same reasons, also I am starting to get cronic pain in my right hand from to many years of running a squeegee.

dont feel bad mark. even with my glasses on, i cant see squat!

nice going on that job derek. some residential jobs are suprising, eh?!?!?!