Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Encap suggestions?

Never tried encap yet with my Challenger, but have some CGD carpet jobs lined up where I'll give it a go.

Just wondering what others use to apply/agitate the encap solution - fiber plus pro pads? Brushes, etc. I've got some Releasit on hand, but am open to suggestions on other products to try as well.

Also, is there anyone doing this regularly and successfully on residential carpet?

Thanks!

Re: Encap suggestions?

The Fiber-plus and Fibre-max pads from Releasit work very well. I sometimes encap with the green-stripe scrubber type of pad. Or you can just pad-cap with terry-cloth pads. With heavy soiling, if I were using a non-absorbent type of pad, I would follow up with a terry-cloth pad to achieve some actual soil removal. The carpet will look cleaner and brighter if you do it this way, and there be less of a "load" of encapped soil for the customer to remove later when he/she vacuums.

Thanks Mark.

If doing pad-cap with an absorbent terry cloth pad (or the green stripe scrubber type of pad), do you pre wet them at all, or use dry?

Randy

I'd recommend damp, ESP. if using for residential. You can put some of you encap solution in your water to get them wet if you wish too.

I should mention, when I use Tuways I spray some encap juice on the side I'm going to use then lay it down, works pretty well.

If I'm using cotton pads, I immerse them in water, then squeeze them out. If I'm using the green-stripe scrubber pad, I don't do this, as liquid runs right through it very quickly. Just spray the carpet, then use the pad dry. Maybe spray the carpet a little more heavily than when you are using damp cotton pads.

If I read this correctly, Mark, you are saying that you have successfully used encap with the green-striped dry pad on residential carpet. Is this right? We haven't tested this before, but if it works well without damaging the carpet, I would think it would be the way to go - much faster than extracting.

Please advise.

Thanks!

If you're afraid that this pad might be too aggressive for the particular carpet you are working on, use a glider underneath it.

We'll give it a try, thanks. What I'm wondering is if encap works well in residential, why not use it most of the time and then padcap only when soil extraction is required (too much soil in a specific area)? Has anyone taken this approach before?

Until recently I had been offering encap only to the commercial mmarket, and cleaning with natural ("green") products to the residential market. Now that Vacaway has come out with a bio-based encap product (Encap-Green) I have in some cases used it in private homes.