Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Pads?

The Challenger Bolg speaks of new pads. I have heard nothing about these until now. can someone share?

Re: New Pads?

Just e-mail Chris Watson at challengerop@gmail.com.
I'm sure she get right back to you.

Can't we talk about here for a bit?

I was looking for some user-end feed back. Like: How do they compare to glad pads..or the thin cottons.

I went to the Challenger blog to take a look. The pad pictured there looks identical to those that I buy from Argo. They are 2 single-ply all-cotton pads sewn together in a spiral pattern. They are 21" in diameter, and at this size I assume are intended to be used with the new Challenger Max. It is currently the only size offered. Argo sells this type of pad in several standard sizes, and will make custom sized pads on special order. I have 9" diameter pads made up on special order, and supply these with my stair tool.

I've used Argo pads in the past and I was never happy with how rough they made the machine handle. They make the thing shake and jiggle a lot (maybe b/c I have the 1/2 hp??) unless I'm doing just hard floors or CGD with no glider.

I have 10 of them I should probably sell or donate to one of you nice folks.

All-cotton is somewhat more abrasive than a blend of fibers. If/when I find the ride a little bumpy, I can smooth it out by going from the holey glider to the solid one.