Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Vinyl floor in a resi Kitchen (not VCT) - OP clean it?

can i use my Challenger to effectively clean a vinyl floor in a resi kitchen?

if so, how have you done it?

got a demo scheduled for next week.

thanx --- Derek.

Re: Vinyl floor in a resi Kitchen (not VCT) - OP clean it?

Derek I just did an outdoor vinyl job 2 days ago with my challenger. This was basically apartment hallways with a roof over them but exposed to the air etc., plus rain would still get on them a little bit. I used anomaly and cotton pads and it was basically just like cleaning carpet. I was ready to use fiber pads and/or the challenger tile brush but didn't need to.

I don't know if this outdoor vinyl would be like the kind you are talking about but just thought I'd let you know. If you want I could email or post pics if you think it would help.

I should clarify, when you do this take a stack of wet pads and a stack of dry pads. After every couple of wet pads I put on a dry pad and went back over the area I had just cleaned. Gets it totally dry quick that way.

Derek, I spray the floor with organic cleaner from a pumpup, then scrub with the Challenger and Argo double pads. Then I spray with clean water from another pumpup and then wet vac the floor. Finished. This leaves a nice clean shiny floor.

Derek, I've done many a VCT floor with just my usual cleaner (Bioforce's Outsolv or Challenger's Orbit Natural) and damp terrycloth pads. (No glider!!!!!)
If the floor is really dirty, I would suggest additional dwell time rather than hitting it with anything like a fiber-plus or fiber-max pad. These might leave abrasions, resulting in dulling the look of the floor.

this is a "no-wax" vinyl kitchen floor.

i agree, using an FP pad seems a bit much!

i'm thinking cotton or even a ThinOne.

thanx for the ideas fellas --- Derek.

My concern on these prefinished tiles is to not scratch or scuff the finish. A white burnishing pad scrubs well enough while protecting that finish; followed by cotton pads or wet vac. If the floor has
seriously embedded dirt, I'd prespray then wet vac most of the dirt before scrubbing to avoid any scuffing. This is how I want my kitchen done. Sorry for dragging this out.