Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Max?

Any idea when the bigger Challenger max is gonna be out?

Re: Max?

http://challengerop.blogspot.com/

This makes it sound like it's already out. Not sure though.

I have read the blog often but like you say, it is confusing.

I suppose I will get a competitors machine.

Phil, I normally don't post here out of respect for Mark, but I wanted to let you know the Max will be available soon, I don't know exactly when but soon. They have them in the field now being tested, in fact I have one and have had it for about 2 months or so. They want to make sure all the bugs are worked out before they start selling them.
I can tell you that the more our guys use the Max the more we like it. Even though it is mainly designed for commercial type work having a 20 inch cleaning path we have been using it in homes quite a bit and it works great. Obviously it doesn't get into smaller areas as easily as the smaller one, but is still very easy to use in homes. It is also easy to lift in and out of a vehicle. The large back wheels which stay on the ground during cleaning make it simple to get up and down stairs. You can clean a lot of carpet very quickly. It will come with an optional spray tank system as well as a tank less spray system. The big advantage over the competition is, it has a very low profile for getting under desks and things, and is very maneuverable, smoother running, quieter, and simpler to use.
It is going to be priced several hundreds of dollars under the competition so it will be a great buy. It is built like a tank, and is very smooth to operate just like the smaller Challenger.
Before you buy I would contact Mark and have him check on availability and get you more info on it. I think it would be worth waiting for.

Jim England

The Challenger Max IS INDEED available, and can be viewed at www.challengerop.blogspot.com. (Read Chris Watson's entry of 10/26/07 for further details.)
It is very competitively priced at $1995 for the version without the tank & sprayer system, and this figure incldes $200 toward the cost of shipping, (!!!) resulting in a real net price of just $1795. The tank & sprayer system is an additional $268, plus its shipping cost.

Currently, 21" pads are available, and 23" pads are expected to be available shortly. The 21" pads are priced at $13 each. Of course, Argo & Co (www.argoco.com) will custom make single-ply or 2-ply all-cotton pads in any size.

An 11" glider is available for the Max, @ $8.50.

The tank & spray system can also be attached to any standard-size Challenger as well, to cut down cleaning times.

Operators are standing by at 617-242-9657. And my email address remains markd@cybercom.net. Lets get out there and MAX-imize profits with this great new product from Challenger.

Mark,
Do you know if the sprayer that goes on the Max is removable. In other words could it be taken off for residential work and put on when doing commercial?

Mark,

Whats the gallon capacity of the tank?

I'm waiting for a response from the Watsons at Challenger as to the ease of removing the tank & spray system for residential jobs. I assume the point of the question is "is it EASILY removeable?"

Re. the tank capacity question: 4 gallons is the answer I received.

Yes. "Easy" is the operative word there!

I'm also interested in knowing if the Max will smoothly run bonnets, such as green, brown or black striped pads or the slightly thicker microfiber bonnets.

My current challenger will not run any of these without vibrating almost uncontrollably.

Grant, on this last question: I'm not sure I will get any kind of definitive response to this question re. running on different types of pads from the Watsons, who are manufacturers, not in the c.c. biz. I don't know if you could really satisfactorily replicate in-house the wide variety of pad materials & carpet fibers involved here, that would be necessary to give a complete answer. I think this will take hands-on time in the field by actual "real-world" users like you and me.

So Mark are you going to get one to replace your cx-20?

I'm half kidding, but I assume you'd be getting one sometime soon.

I will have to decide. I don't have a garage; my basement has steep steps, making moving equipment in and out something of a chore; and my work vehicle (a compact Honda Element) is already carrying one to two standard Challengers, an Orbitec CX-20, a 24" Cimex, plus all the other stuff one carts around so as to be ready for any event. Not sure at this time where I would put it.

Oh my goodness, Mark! If a Honda Element is a car, and it is the size I think it is, how in the world do you have all that machinery in there and still have a place to sit?

That's amazing.

You must be a verry orginized man Mark. I got a big 4x4 E250 cargo van with 1 challenger and supplies and some times I feel like I need somthing bigger. LOL
But seriously I would be willing to help you out Mark, Just give me your orbitec and you will then have room for the max.

3 years living on board US Navy ships make one a very organized user of living (and in this case cargo) space. Actually, with the Element's rear seats removed (not just flipped up to the side) there's a surprising amount of space.

More on the MAX:
With regard to the earlier question concerning the degree of ease in removing the spray system: Chris Watson says that Challenger can install a quick-release for the spray nozzle, if the customer requests it.

The spray system can theoretically be mounted with one nozzle or two. Challenger prefers the single nozzle approach, believing that two nozzles tend to have an overlap that can cause too much cleaner to concentrate in the overlap area.

The nozzle is mounted on the motor (higher up) rather than on the deck (lower down) so as to be able to cover a wider arc on the carpet.

The Max weighs in at 100 lbs. It is designed to be run with wheels on the floor, categorizing it as a "stationary OP machine". Chris is aware of at least one user who operates the Max with the wheels OFF THE FLOOR, and he reports it works great that way.