Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rotary Equipment & OP Cleaning

Hi Gang hope everyone is doing well. My ques. to all of you is can you use a rotary machine with an OP if I use a glider?? Please give me your feedback. Thanks

Re: Rotary Equipment & OP Cleaning

did you mean to ask, "can you use a rotary machine LIKE an OP if I use a glider??"

if so, someone recently posted on a forum that they've done it. sure you could use a glider.

i've read some posts that OP is better, and other posts saying the opposite.

you will only know if you try it.

thanx --- Derek.

Or, did you intend to ask if you can use a rotary machine with an OP pad, if you use a glider?

I, too, am curious what the results are using a rotary with, say, encap?

Phil, many have posted with mixed feelings. some are for it, others find different machines work better.

best way is to do the research and find what works best for you.

thanx --- Derek.

Gang I'll try to be more clear I would like to use a rotary machine with a pad driver and put a terry cloth OP pad on it then put a glider on.Will this work? if so what kind of results do you think I can get and what are the possible problems?? Thanks everyone Steve

You might not need a glider with a rotary. Before experiencing an orbital machine for the first time, I used rotary machines (175 RPM) with Argo's 2-sided terrycloth pads, and no glider for a few years. As soon as I tried an OP, I felt it was producing better results than my rotaries. I think this is because of the higher level of agitation achieved with an OP: 1750 RPM in the little orbital scrubbing movements vs. 175 RPM for the standard floor buffer (some are available with dual speeds: 175 and 350.)

read this thread:

http://www.network54.com/Forum/228309/thread/1193923643/Swing+Machine

thanx --- Derek.

You could probably try putting a black or green scrub pad under your rotary then put an OP pad under that to see if you like it. That should work. If you do that for a while and like it then look into getting a different pad driver for your rotary.