Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SPOT PRICING

A friend of mine who works for a large chain store told me his employer uses steam cleaners. They do a pretty good job but leave LOTS of spots behind. The spots are an issue for store management. I showed my friend how great the Challenger is for taking care of that kind of problem. He suggested I make a proposal to store management for spot removal service.

How can I profitably price this kind of service?
How does one measure for this kind of service?
Thanks

Re: SPOT PRICING

I would try to get the whole account, why should they pay to have thier carpets cleaned twice when they could pay you just once

As yet I do not have the type of equipment I would need to clean their stores. I only have a Challenger and their stores are over 40,000 sq ft. At the present time I am very financially challenged.

Perhaps some kind of hourly rate, X times per year, could be worked out.

Larry it may not be as bad as you think. I do not know what kind of chain store it is but if they like your work they may be willing to let you break it down into sections and do different sections over a period of time. I recieved an account with one hotel that had 58 rooms, the company that previously cleaned thier carpets did it in about 1 week. It took me about three weeks, I did between 8 to 16 rooms a day sun - wed. It actually worked out better for the hotel because they always had enough rooms to rent out every day, where as before they had to keep a majority of the rooms closed. But if this store is not open at night maybee you could work a few night and clean it in sections, or you can maybee figure somthing out, I would at least put it on the table. Offer them a deminstration if they are happy with you and really want to get rid of the spots they will work with you. I would be willing to just do either the whole store or the spot removal. For pricing the spot removal I would take a look at there store and try and guess how long it would take you and give them a price you would be willing to except. Me personally I would try to figure out a plan of how you could get the entire account, but would settle for the spot removale