Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Problem with Challenger

I have the 3/4 horsepower and I think its overheating. I've been running it pretty hard since I got it.
I was cleaning hotel rooms and It just wouldnt turn on. I had to quit for the day. I thought maybe there was a problem with the prong connection on the cord, so I tighten the screws. I did a residentail yesterday with no problem. The following job was a daycare after I completed two rooms, it wouldnt turn on again. I waited to cool it off and luckily it turned bach on again. It would suck if I had a job and It never turned again. Im going to call the folks I bought it from to se if they have any suggestions

Re: Problem with Challenger

I don't know how long you've had your Challenger, or who you bought it from. Challenger gives a 1-year warranty on the motor. If you are beyond the warranty, I suggest taking it to the repair division of any janitorial supply company in your area. They repair floor machines every day. Even if they are not specifically familiar with OPs, you can give them Challenger's email address, who can assist them, if necessary, in making repairs. (www.challengerop@gmail.com)

I just bought ot less than a month ago from Chris Watson out of Texas at http://www.challengerop.com. Ill give them a call on Monday. Thanks Mark.

Mo I had this problem as well all I had to do was hit the reset button it is kind of hard to reach and push but it made mine work. It is ontop of the motor and under neath the steal plate, it is a little button inbetween those. Still call the people at challange and they can better assist you they are verry helpful

Thankd for the info John

So what was the out come?

Thanks,
Marc

Looser wires, problem fixed

i had a problem years ago with the wires in the top of the handle housing. they would rip out if i stepped on the cord LOL...happened often. i finally wizened up some and duct-taped the cord (up near where they come out of that housing), to the handle. now if i step on it, it doesn't budge

thanx --- Derek.

Good Idea. I think Ill do that too

Forget the duct-tape. USE A TIE RAP On the wire ! It will look,and work alot better as a strain relief.

wow Dave, you been reading in the archives huh? LOL

yea i thought of that way after the fact...i am so dim sometimes

but hey now i have the beauty of duct tape on my Challenger!! ....

I just put the clips back on and fastened them back on with some needle nose pliers. They haven't come back off since.