Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Challenger motor options

Challenger machines are available with 1/2 or 3/4 horsepower motors. I have both. If I could, I would trade in my 3/4 for the 1/2 horsepower. Here is why....Both machines operate at the same speed (175 RPM)the only difference is weight. (What are the exact weights Mark?)Becouse the cometition offers a bigger motor option I think that is why Challenger also offers this. The truth is you are buying into the Tim Allen - More Power is better way of thinking and this is not true imho for an extra $100.00 you are buying extra wieght and I am 6' 1" 220 lbs and I can feel a huge differnce when I carry the 3/4 machine. My advise go with the 1/2 and save your back and $100.00.................Mark your thoughts?

Re: Challenger motor options

The 1/2 hp machine is about 65 lbs. The 3/4 hp machine weighs 6 or 7 lbs. more. If you are only going to doing residential work, the 1/2 hp version is just fine, as well as being a bit easier to take up a flight of stairs. If you are going to try and start to get commercial work as well, and are not quite ready to invest in a larger machine, I would go with the 3/4 hp. It will run longer and stay cooler.

Re: Challenger motor options

I have the 1/2 and like the light weight most of the time. I've run it for 8 straight hours on many occasions and it's never overheated. Though if it ever does I'm sure I'll wish I had the 3/4!