Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Spot cleaners

Hey All, I love the Challenger!. What types of all natural spot cleaners and stain lifters are out there. Vacaways PIG OUT gave me a headache. Great product other than that! I am looking to prospect prop. mgt. companies close to me in my home town. Any tips would be appreciated
Jerry

Re: Spot cleaners

Be aware that there are two different types of prop. mgmt. companies. There a those that deal primarily with rental buildings, and there are the ones that specialize in condominium properties. Those which manage rentals are likely to have a lower standard, since the landlords who own them are most motivated to fatten their bottom line by keeping expenses down.
Managers of condo properties, on the other hand, need to keep closer to the requirements of the condo association, which runs the building for all the unit owners. Unit owners are going to have higher standards of cleanliness, and will pay more to achieve this, as the common areas of their buildings are an extension of their homes.

I have three PM companies in the downtown Boston area as frequent customers. ALL THREE OF THESE resulted from the efforts of a single unit owner in a building that they managed. Each unit owner was/still is one of my residential customers, who pointed out to the PM company that the quality of carpet cleaning in the common areas of her building was far below what she was receiving from my own Drysdale's Carpet Care. In each case my customer was insistent enough in calling the PM company's offices so as to get them to give me a shot at their business.

That very interesting Mark. The retirement condo community that I did last week. The on site property manager was responsible for cleaning the individual units of the complex. The management company even baught her a portable to clean the individual condos. But she is allowed to hire a pro for the common areas. I guess that's they was it is with retirement condos.

I will start a direct mail campaign to some condos residences, as well as a sales letter to the HOA in a golf course community here in town to see if I can crack that nut. Thanks for the idea.

Often it's difficult to determine just by looking if a multi-unit complex is a rental property or a condo, with individually owned units. You can easily find out by going to the local government building where the property tax assesments are kept on public record. In some places, this is done by the county; in others, by the individual city or town. If a property is a rental, you will find the name of the single property owner. If it's a condo, you will find the names of all the unit owners.