Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
First Job

I did my first commercial job today at the salon that my wife rents her station from. It was approximately 260 sq ft. It took me two hours. Not bad for my first time. I had to vacuum to floor four times to get all the hair, dirt and nail dust up. My wife was very impressed with the end result. She said it looked almost brand new! I encaped it. Question "do you encap with the green and white pad dry or wet". I tryed to use the striped green pad damp but if felt like I was fighting a bucking bull.The rest of the job I used the holy glider and damp cotton pads. It was a fun experience. I was amazed at how well the encap cleaned the totally thrashed carpet. It hadn't been cleaned in at least six months I did my carpets as well at home and thrashed part of it. I got out a lot of dirt from that as well using orbit. Well enough of the New Guy Word Vomiting all over the forum.

Re: First Job

Nice going, Jerry. As Nike has been saying for years,
Just Do It!. If the use of the scrubbing pad (green stripes) gave you some control problems, try using a glider with it. You might also want to order some fiber pads specifically made for encapsulation cleaning from Rick Gelinas at www.excellent-supply.com. He has 2 varieties: the beige pads for normal work; and the grey "Max" pads for more heavily soiled commercial carpet.