Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Trashed Grout Lines/Tile

First time poster Help!!I'm new to the tile and grout scene (13yrs of carpet cleaning) own a Challenger.I have a demo to preform on Wed. on carpet and tile(which is a terracata in color with a gray grout line originally Ha Ha!)It's black I was going to purchase some Viper Venom PH 11.5 and also Viper Venom New PH 1.0 Does anyone have feedback on these products???Lastly I have the tile brush that came with the Challenger but am concerned that it won't be aggressive enough any suggestions PLEASE

Re: Trashed Grout Lines/Tile

Use a good quality tile & grout cleaning product. (See www.dirtygrout.com for some ideas on recommended products from people who specialize in the side of the floor services business). Spray it onto the floor heavily enough so that solution gets down into the grout lines. Allow perhaps 10 minutes of dwell time. Then scour it all out with the Challenger tile & grout brush. To finish, remove all the liquified soil from the floor with either your Challenger and wrung-out terrycloth pads, or via a portable extractor. If you use the Challenger for cleanup, see if you can get someone to spray a thin stream of hot water from your sprayer into the grout lines as you mop up. It kind of flushes out any soil that's still sitting down there. I think you will be pleased with the results. I also keep a steam vapor machine (290 degrees @ 60 psi) with me to work on any grout lines that still don't look as good as you would like to get them to appear. But remember, it is rare to get a whole room of grout lines to return 100% to their original color. Also remember that sometimes there are variations in the original color - some areas may be darker than others due to inconsistent grout mixing at the time the floor was installed.