Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
question for Derek

Derek, I recall a post a while back were you were talking about some kind of boster you add to your mix when doing light color carpets. Can you tell me what it is and how to get it? I had a carpet today that was white, and verry clean to start with. Just a tad dark in traffic areas, I couldn't get any improvement on the traffic areas, I have had this happen a few times before. On this carpet I first used code green (nothing) then DS a (little better but not much)

Re: question for Derek

I don't want to speak for Derek, but I think he occasionally adds sodium percarbonate to his juice. This is unlikely to give you any kick that the peroxide in the code green isn't already giving you. If code green mixed at 5-6 oz/gal with dwell time doesn't do it then it may be just normal wear and tear.

How much dirt is coming off on the pads?

Grant, I think it was some kind of oxidizer he was using, The pads were coming out lightly soiled. These carpets were in real good condition so I don't think it was wear. thanks for the reply :)

hi Andy ,

Grant is right, i use sod perc @ 2oz per gallon cleaning sol.

if Code Green has Hyd Peroxide in it, might the bottle be old and somehow the HP had lost it's potency ALOT? i know HP can weaken over time, temperature, and maybe other factors.

i used to use HP at 30 or 40 vol from the beauty supply store, but was always nervous of color loss.

with sodium percarbonate you don't have to worry about color loss/fading.

i dunno if HP raises the pH of the cleaning solution, but sod perc does raise it a touch...a good bene when cleaning.

2 possible negatives:

1) it's in powder form and must be mixed with HOT water to dissolve completely. and then NEVER pour that mixture into water/solution tank that has hotter water than what the sod perc was mixed with, or it will foam over quite abit.

2) once mixed, the sod perc lasts about 30 minutes (so they say on the forums). after that it loses potency.

for off-white berbers/cutpiles, 40 vol HP kicks tail to

thanx --- Derek.

Is this sodium percarbonate mixed in with your cleaner, or do you just use it by it's self at
2 oz per gal? Same question for 40 vol peroxide?
And where can I get sodium percarbonate? Thanks for the reply Derek.

mix in w/ cleaning solution.

http://chemistrystore.com/sodium_percarbonate.htm

your welcome bud