Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Encap VS natural

Can someone compare the results one can/should expect between these two very different "detergents"? I ask becasue I currently use encap and have never treid the natural cleaner(s) yet.

I am stoked about the results I get using releasit DS/Punch but an open to suggestions about natural cleaning.

Re: Encap VS natural

Phil, the main differance in my expierence is time, encap in faster, I think I can get as good results with natural cleaning in most situations, I use Releasit DS mixed 8oz to hit traffic lanes that don't come clean on light color carpets. And I like it for commercial work, other than that it is natural all the way.

Thanks, do you use the Challenger cleaner?

I have found Punch works very well for the hard-to-get areas like traffic.

Yes I do. It works great with outsolve or orbit natural. I think if you try the natural cleaners, you will find that they work as well as punch 90-95 percent of the time.

Phil, I misread your question. I thought you were asking if I used the Challenger machine, not the CHallenger cleaner. Yes to both I think I like outsolve a bit better though. I havent used there new rug restore yet but it sounds like a powerhouse.

When I use a natural product (I interchangably use Orbit Natural and Bioforce's OUTSOLVE)) it is because I believe this provides me with the best opportunity to attract residential customers. It is especially helpful in acquiring the higher end of the residential market, where there is both a greater receptivity to all things "green" as well as the higher level of disposable income that comes in handy to hire someone to clean carpets rather than trying to do it themselves with rental equipment.

I approach the commercial market differently. With commercial customers, buying "green" is less important than price, but the gap is closing, and I think it is closing fairly rapidly. With a natural product, any excess cleaning solution residue can cause resoiling to occur more quickly than customers like, so you have to go more slowly, stopping frequently to turn and replace cotton pads. With encap, you can just "scrub & run" and still get terrific results. I usually offer one sq. ft. rate for encap, and another, about 20% higher rate, for all-natural. Then the customer gets to decide.

Thank you all. Grant's new photo's on a similar thread have presented some food for thought...at least for me.

The "re-soiling" issue is huge to me.