Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
i cant believe this!!!

I just did my first job yesterday and I just got a call from a representative of the room store. They are opening a new store in my town and they want me to do the job on Monday. He wasnt sure how many square feet,I am to speak with the manager about the details. But i know it too big for my litte challenger machine.
I may have too subcontract this one out. Does nayone have any other ideas. im sure the carpet is brand new. How do i subcontract this without the subcontractor taking my business? The need the job done that day for opening the following day?

Re: i cant believe this!!!

Is this commercial glue-down (CGD)? Can you get some Encap Releasit DS, some fiber pads (or one of the white with green scrubbing strip pads)? Can you get a helper to spray down the cleaner for you, and keep the sprayer quickly filled as it runs out? All these things will allow you to do a pretty fast job, even with just the standard Challenger. It's on jobs like this that I utilize my Orbitec CX-20's with a nearly 20" cleaning path, and a 2 1/2 gallon on-board sprayer and electric pump system. Challenger is soon to announce its 21" Challenger MAX, but as yet it doesn't come with an onboard tank & sprayer system.
Good luck!!

Re: i cant believe this!!!

NOT NECESSARILY TOO BIG!!!

listen to Mark. post the sq.ft. size when you know it.

if it has to be done ASAP and you don't have any/enough Encap, goto your local carpet cleaning supply house (or call your local janitor supply house) and they will likely have an Encap product.

the only one i don't recommend it Atomic powdered "encap"...heard bad things about it...

don't sub it out! if you have the time, keep it for yourself.

thanx --- Derek.