Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Business add on

Hi all, I am considering a package from Mark. I have been researching carpet cleaning for awhile now. There is a lot of negativity out in the industry concerning pad cleaning. What have some of your experiences been? I am a professional residential window cleaner who is looking at adding carpet cleaning to my business and to eventually replace that as window cleaning is tearing me up! I like what I see and want more feedback if you all would be kind enough to supply it. Thanks a lot

Jerry Holt

Re: Business add on

Jerry, I started as a window cleaner, The more I clean carpets the more I hate window cleaning, the money is so much better and the work not as hard. The two do go together real well. I give the window cleaning custumers a carpet cleaning brochure, and vise versa. Most negativity about pad cleaning I have herd was coming from pepole who have never used it, and don't know what they are talking about. Also some confuse OP with Bonnet cleaning, and the two are quite different.

Jerry, I AM a full time window cleaner currently and use the OP method of Carpet Cleaning as an ad on. I regret not getting involved sooner with this method. I am blown away by the results (and so are my clients)...the too go well together. But CC'ing delivers more per hour than WC'ing does. Almost twice as much.

The "industry" is 95% so-called "steam" cleaners. They used to be 99+%, and in recent years have seen their market share falling off somewhat to newer, better, more environmentally responsible methods of cleaning carpets. Those that have not yet seen the light, or at least diversified their equipment to include low-moisture methods such as OP, would naturally disparage any method they feel might take money from their pockets and food from their mouths.

I am glad that there are other window cleaners out there besides myself seeing the opportunity to do carpet,grout and tile cleaning as an add on or even replacement business. Thanks for the input. This season is already slowing down thanks to some odd weather patterns out here in Callifornia As soon as my finances are up to where I can get my kit I will be on the VLM team

Any method of carpet cleaning works. Always remember that. It is not the method but the person doing the cleaning. Mark, can make a carpet look great because he knows his system, a steamer can do a great job if he knows his TM, just like a guy using a porti can get great results if he knows what he is doing. You can get great results with any system if you know how to use them.

One of the problems with the HWE guys is that they spend big money on their mounts, 40,000 - 50,000 and even more. If Bob Smith spent that much on a TM would he want some guy like Mark or myself comming in an area and getting jobs when I have only spent a few thousand to start a business compaired to 40,000 or more that Bob Smith spent. Of course not. OP cleaning works well, if you know how to use it. So does Host and Capture and Chem Dry.
You have heard of the bad things because of all the money tied up in the TM systems that are sold. Compaines such as Jon Don make a lot of $$ selling TM's. The IICRC makes a butt load of $$ telling techs they need to be certifided. You know what when OP takes off a little more they will have a cert for that as well.

OP works but there is a learning curve just like everythig else in life. And yes there are times when you will get customers that will look at you funny, until they see how good their carpets look. I have had people that want low moisture. They dont want HWE.

Main thing is read, study and try it out on your own carpets first.

Re: Joe's post

Awesome post Joe. Jerry,I have friends in CA who clean windows and are always looking for good WC'rs. if you want, maybe I can hook you up (if any are close) get you $ going a little better so you can speed up the process.

I own a porty, external heat, Rotovac and a OP machine. My porty is a little too big to always carry just for spots that need flushing so, today i am going to buy a Rigid Wet-Vac and use spray bottles for rinsing areas that need it.

Re:Phil R post

Thanks Phil, if you know anyone in the area that would be great. squeekykleencarpets@comcast.net I am also going to hit the pavement again and get some of the most fickle customers I know, commercial window cleaning clients YIPPEE!

I am unclear what area you or they are in, I just know Ca.