Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
My First Job! Help

Today is the day I loaded up my equipment on my truck to make some sales calls. I decided to call on motel and hotel. I hit 4, 2 werent available, one just had somw rooms cleaned last week and boom the 4th one I got a job.
Its a pretty large senior aprtment building. I let them know I was doing a free demo. She said that corporate baught a porty for them to use for the rooms, so they were only allowed to hire a pro for the commom areas.
I will be cleaning the lobby, its about about 1300 square feet of CGC. Its not really that soiled, mostly in the traffic areas. But they have alot of hallways and common areas.She wants it to smell nice.
I plan on using the challenger with cotton pads, the solutions will be Whamm with Zbomb.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. I do have other chemical and equipment I can use. Encap brush, glad pads, Encapclean DS, orbit cleaning solutions, code green Thansk folks.

Re: My First Job! Help

Mojo, Wham, zbomb with cotton pads should work great for that, good luck! :)

I much prefer both, the smell and the results, of DS and Punch.

Thanks Guys

I try to stay odorless, as I market as "natural + odorless". When the customer wants a scent, or there is an odor issue, I use Oban, a natural odor management product, a quart of which I provide with my Package. Check it out at
www.obanmarketing.com.

Ill check it out Mark. There is no odor, she just wants it to smell nice. Cooton pads ok or should I go Glad Pads?

Hi Mark,

What type of scent does the Oban have? I have been thinking about what you were saying about marketing to a specific niche. Providing this type of fresh scent option to the customer is a great idea, as I was always wondering what I could add to a odorless and natural service. Thanks for all the great tips!

Brian

I like the cleaning results of releasit a bit better than whamm, even with z-bomb.

Glads or cottons will work, the glads just hold about twice as much dirt. There are some who think the cottons scrub a bit better on cgd. If you have any fiber pads you can use those in the traffic lanes.

Commercial can be slow going with the challenger if heavily soiled, so take your time. 1300 sf. shouldn't be too bad unless trashed.

Mission accomplished. She was completely impressed. She told me so several times.
You maybe right Grant. I think Ill try releaseit next time. The Wamm zbomb did all right on all the carpet, but I though it could have been better in the traffic areas.
She will be using me every 3 months. She is part of a management company that has 5 other properties about 3 hours from my location, and she would like to reccomend me for those locations well. I let her know that I would do them only if I could do all 5 the same day.
I did have an embarassing moment. While she was wathching me, I made the mistake of putting the challenger on the carpet without a pad. The damm think got stuck, I had to go out to the truck to get something to pry it off. It was funny and embarassing at the same time.
The other thing that was a pain in the ass was that she didnt move the end table, coffee table etc, and didnt vacume. She wasnt there when I got there. So I just started the job.
She did mention that she had a guy with a truckmount come out the last time she did it and she had to call him back a couple of days later. She still wasnt satisfied with the work when he came back the second time.
Thanks for all your help guys.

Well done Mojo! I also like the results of releasit over wham, I understood mojo to say that there was an odor problem, and wham works well on odor's. Also he said that he had Encapclean DS, not releasit Ds. :)

Hello Folks,

I went back for a post inspection at the retireement community. The manager wasnt there.

The heavly soiled area in front of the elevator looked like there was a big wet spot. Im not sure if they vacumed the area since I cleaned it or not. Is that risidue that wicked back up. I used Whamm and Zbomb.

I was thinking about prespraying with Rocket (Vacaways sample) and prespraying with Release It Encap Clean, and agistating with my Challeger brush and then with glad pads. Any suggestions?

The problem is Im marketing as Green and Im already resorting to the heavy fire power.

If an area looks as if some wicking has taken place, see if you might be able to scrub it away using just a damp terrycloth pad. Perhaps don't use a glider.