Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wheelchair Cleaning

I have a cleaning scheduled for Saturday for a person in a wheelchair. He mentioned there are alot of black
marks/stains and ruts in the carpet. Any one have experience with this scenario? Any Suggestions?
Thanks

Re: Wheelchair Cleaning

It's likely carbon powder/graphite/oil from the wheelchair. You may need cyclone, and a lot of it. To minimize the need for cyclone try an encap cleaner mixed a bit stronger than normal.

Just my .02.
-Grant

The ruts most likely is crushed padding. When this carpet gets replaced, I would suggest a rubber padding at least 100oz or better weight, and possibly a double stick installation (pad glued to subfloor, carpet glued to pad). If carpet is newer, I would sell them on this method now.

Good Luck!

I would use the scrubbing pad that was included in your initial Package from me. For severe, deeply indented wheel ruts, you might try going at them with the polisher/buffer I sent you for use as a stair tool. You might even have to "heel" it over at somewhat of an angle to get some scrubbing action down into the deeper ruts.

Thanks Everyone I will let you know how it went.

For similar ruts such as piano feet indentions, ice cubes have worked wonders.