Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Marketing Tips: "Niche" Marketing

A niche is a focus, a selected part of the greater market. Concentrating your marketing efforts on a specific segment of people in a target market will allow you to build a stellar reputation.

A niche market is simply a very specific portion of a much larger market. Niche marketing allows you to target a very specific audience, and to give them exactly what they want and need. The point is to focus, serve what you serve best, and prosper accordingly. A target market that is too broad causes inefficiencies, higher costs, and underdeveloped customer service and attention.

Narrowing a focus creates more of an environment for success. It is an opportunity to stand out, to be perceived as an expert, and be at the top of your customers' or prospects' minds for your targeted service area.

A niche market is a limited service, or a tight, highly inter-related range of services, sold to a highly focussed target group, all with particular wants and needs best served by the identified providers of these niche services.

Re: Marketing Tips: "Niche" Marketing

welp my niche is commercial

it's a bit of a broad niche after reading your post, but in a couple years when i have all the business me and my partner (the missus) can handle, i reckon i can refine it's parameters at that point...like only banks and hotels.

i don't want to limit myself too much though. the more i think on it, i prolly won't refine it by type of facility, but will do it by those that value my work and are willing to pay for it

thanx --- Derek.

Re: Marketing Tips: "Niche" Marketing

The more people in any particular industry who know your name, the greater likelihood that some of them will offer your name around when the subject of your particular service comes up. That has worked for me with funeral directors and country club managers.