Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Surond Green

I posted earlier about this product and told you I would let you know what I thought about it, well I just finished cleaning a hotel and was very pleased with the results. Many of the black stains disapeared before I even cleaned them, all I did was spray this stuff at its highest concentrate, 8 oz to 1 gallon of water, in the hotel hallways and black marks were gone before I even made my pass over it with the challanger. In high traffic areas I found I was only making one to two passes. When I came a cross a peice of gum I just sprayed it a little heavier and when I got to the gum I used my Key and scrapped it for about 5 to 10 sec and it just dissolved away. As far as it being a green product I can not say how true that is but I think Grant loked at the MSDS report and only found alcohol, not exactly sure, so I do not know how it measures up to other encap products in the Green area, but I like the way it cleans.

Re: Surond Green

I'll be testing out a couple gallons of this stuff over the next few weeks and will let you know. This is without a doubt a "green" encap product. This has no volatile organic compounds, no ingredients requiring listing on the msds, no phosphates, butyl.... It's still not "all natural" or organic.

They are using a different encap philosophy which I suppose is most likely controversial. Their website says that this product does not dry to a brittle crystal on purpose, thus is not intended to pass the "dish test". The product slowly vacuums out over many vacuum cycles, but does not build up in future cleanings which would be bad. There's some interesting reading on their website.

Jon Grant

What type of pad(s) are/will you use with this product?

You can use your normal procedure. But it's supposed to work really well with bonnets. I'm going to try tuway thin ones with it possibly followed by a regular pad.

I buy the pads from them the aggresso or somthing like that they have all different kinds they are like the green strip pads only red and white with different design. These work great espeacialy with thier product, personally when I first read about thier product I called and asked for a sample (this was before it was a green product) and I really liked that product so I used it then they sent me a notice of this green product and I believe it works even better.

Jon Grant

Thanks. I will give it a try.

Let's get the spelling right so that people who want to Google this product will be able to find it. It's
SURROUND GREEN. As opposed to a super-fragile, crystallizing kind of encap product, some refer to it as a film-former. Sounds like a product similar to Dynachem from Cobb Carpet Supply (TX). It is manufactured by Key Carpet Cleaning Company in Philadelphia, which manufactures a 2-headed rotary machine that runs on battery power. They claim it can clean 24,000 s.f. in an hour, but I am highly dubious of such claims. Von Shrader claims its "double-wide" machine can clean 12,000 s.f. per hour, but having owned one, I know that to be a totally dishonest figure.

Re: Surround Green

Mark, i've wondered if Larry Cobb makes it for them and they relabel it....

the sample of their "normal" encap product that i tried performed very well...it's the best smelling encap i've found (imo). a very mild downy-type fragrance...not over-powering at all.

it sounds about as "green" as Releasit EncapClean with the iso alcohol...

thanx --- Derek.

My concern is that the film which remains on the fibers might result in a somewhat duller look that one where the encapsulated residue for the most part quickly crumbles away. I would tend to agree that their claims that it is healthier, in the sense that there are no tiny crystallized particles breaking away from the fiber and becoming airborne, might be a valid argument for its use.

Re: Suround Green

Mark, wow you surrprised me agian, you are so informative. This is why I am happy I did business with you because you are very knowledgable about your own product, others products plus the industry, thanks for sharing your knowledge. Sorry about the mispelling if it threw anyone off, I should probably ask for a refund for the last 6 years of college, Haha, I have never been a good speller thank God for spell check.

Grant, Have you had a chance to test this product yet? If so, How do you like it? Thanks

I've done a few jobs with it. Pretty impressed so far.
Before:

During:

After post vac:

Had to use a bit of cyclone on some of those dark spots you see and a few extra passes, but came clean. You never know how other products would do, but I'm sure various other products would/could have produced similar results.

Hmmm, I'll try again:
I've done a few jobs with it. Pretty impressed so far.
Before:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
During:
After post vac:

Had to use a bit of cyclone on some of those dark spots you see and a few extra passes, but came clean. You never know how other products would do, but I'm sure various other products would/could have produced similar results.

Awesome! Those are great shots too. Your lighting/angles truly show off your work there.

How does the product smell...does it make you sneeze or give you headaches?

Nice work Grant. A picture is worth a thousand words

Came across this forum checking my key words with Google. Anyway I wanted to thank Grant for the kind words. I will be adding some more info about Surround Green to my site in Jan. 08 But wanted to give you some info now. Surround initially adheres to the carpet as a film. Under external stress or forces such as vacuuming, foot traffic and or fiber flexing Surround encapsulating film will break away or shatter allowing the encapsulated soil to be removed. Surround will not just fall off of the carpet like in the glass trick so many companies use. It must be taken off of the carpet thusly holding the encapsulated soil more securely in our more durable hard polymer film. We feel that if the encap would just fall off the carpet from self shattering that it could release the soil back into the carpet.I will also put up pics under 50x magnification Hope this helps.

Good information there Mr. Klucznik.

In reading the above post by Phil I realize I never replied to his question. As far as the smell and sneeze factor this product is outstanding. I love the smell. I tend to prefer low or no smell, but this has the most pleasant smell (soft, soapy, maybe downy type of fragrance) I've run across. I also don't get headaches like I do with some products and doesn't make me sneeze like some products do.

It is expensive when shipping is factored in, but maybe there will be a sale ???

Would one of you weirdo's PULEEZE post the web address?

To Admiral,
From Weirdo,
http://www.bonnetpro.com/encapsulation/surround_green.html

Here ya go:
http://www.bonnetpro.com/index.html

One other thing, Mark made a comment concerning the claims on the Carpet Max. 24,000 feet per hour is a best case situation. When I tested at the Atlantic City Convention Center I had hallways that where up to 600 feet long and some areas that where 100 feet wide. I could just run the machine in a very large wide open area. Of course this is not the norm. In a real world situation with turns, elevators ect. I average around 10,000 feet. The cleaning path is 32 inches wide and on a maint. cleaning I cover 150 to 180 linear feet per minute.www.bonnetpro.com Of course you can take this with a grain of salt if you wish because I invented the machine, but this is what I get when I use it and test it with my cleaning firm Key Floor Care & Restoration. Any questions you can post or call 877-477-1615.

Grant,I ran a sale of 15% off for Christmas. New customers still get 15% off. I Feb. I will be starting a new free shipping program.
Grant if you want the Christmas discount just call.