Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Clean Kraft

I have read some goof things out there about Code Green from Clean Craft. Its an all in one product ( Extraction, prespray, Traffic lane, spotter). Anyone out there try this product.

Is Realist the best Encap with the least harmful chemicals. Im a newbie trying to go "Green"

Re: Clean Kraft

To date, no one has developed an all-natural encapsulating cleaner. The crystallization requires some synthetic chemistry. The only ingredient in Releasit's Encap DS that is required to be disclosed on a MSDS (materials data specification sheet) is isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol, which is pretty benign stuff.

Thats probably the best green option. Any experience with Biokleen. im surprised you dont sell those products Mark. Thanks for your help

I use code green on white carpets. Works pretty well. Not sure I'll keep using it, but it does work well "most" of the time.

Releasit ds has isopropanol in it I believe, releasit punch has propylene glycol methyl ether, which def. isn't green. Punch is the one designed for padding.

Most of the other encaps sold by CCS and Vacaway have 2-butoxyethanol, a known kidney and liver toxin to animals, and suspected in humans. I'm trying to get away from using anything with this in it.

Enc-DS and Whamm both have NO ingredients requiring disclosure on the msds sheets, which means they have none of these things in them. Still not "natural".

check this one out spin bonnet encap. Hydrogen peroxide base. Let me know if it works for you.
http://coreproductsco.com/index.php/Carpet_Cleaning_Crystal

That one works ok to. I tried it a year or so ago. It's an encap, however doesn't carry any environmental certifications.

This one is similar and has a green seal cert, but is very expensive and hard to find someone selling it.

http://www.h2orange2.com/Products1.htm

Also, www.nilodor.com has an environmentally preferred encap product line. This one is made with the "design for environment" program instead of green seal. I've not tried these products though.

Grant, I have been thinking of trying code green, but when I looked at the msds, there were statements about respitory hazards, and even said something about using a resperator if using it in confined areas, But I might consider using it as a back up if it worked realy well. How dose it measure up to your all natural cleaner? (are you still using abstraction?)
Thanks

I use either abstraction or bio-smash on most of my residential work. For the lighter carpets, from beige to white that's when I've been using code green. Both work well. The lighter carpets is really the only time I haven't been happy with these all natural products.

This being said, if I can't find a better solution for the light carpets, I may keep using CG.

I'm doing a lot of property management work now also, for these I've been using whamm when I need to use a deodorizer, CG occasionally for the beige carpets, and releasit DS followed by a few pads for some jobs.

I believe Rick G who is the manufacturer of releasit has said he's working on some materials supporting releasit DS as an environmentally friendly product. He's calling it "enviropact". I'm looking forward to seeing what he comes up with.

I'm also thinking of trying the bonnet pro product mentioned in a recent post.

I forgot to address the msds part of your comment. Likely those are due to the hydrogen peroxide. This "chemical" is toxic to drink or breathe in higher quantities. Diluted for use and sprayed on a carpet it's pretty safe. The h202 breaks down into water and carbon dioxide within a short period of time, this is what "oxygen bleach" products do. It def. isn't as safe as the "all natural" products such as orbit natural, abstraction, bio-smash, but not too far from it.

Thanks for the info Grant, I am Happy with orbit Natural 90 percent of the time, but looking for safe products to use as back up when the situation calls for it. Perhaps this new cleaner from challenger will be helpfull also.