Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Vacuum/encap

My "kit" came with encap products but on the various website regarding OP'ing, the "user" vacuums. I understand he is not using encap products, hence, the vacuum.
I asked this question on another forum, but that site is more of an "encap" site. What i really want to know is, who vacuums after OP'ing...and why? Does the non0use of encap products require a vacuum and therefore produce better results or is it just a preference thing?

Re: Vacuum/encap

Vacuuming after encapping can usually be assumed to be done by the owner or manager of the carpeted premises. The major change in appearance (from soiled to cleaned) occurs as you do your part of the job, via whatever form of cleaning you are doing. If you are padcapping (using an OP machine, terrycloth pads, and a product such as Releasit Encap Punch)you are removing most if not all of the removeable soil yourself, so there will be little or nothing to vacuum anyway. Even just someone's walking upon encap-cleaned carpeting causes the remaining crystallized residue to disintegrate and drop harmlessly to the base of the carpet. Health "purists" may claim that some of the encapsulated fragmented residue may become airborne, possibly aggravating some people's respiratory systems and allergies, but I don't know of any scientific studies which have yet been carried out in this area.

Re: Vacuum/encap

to add to what Mark said,

when i first read your post Phil, i thought you were asking about post-vac'ing residential cut pile carpet. if you are, then yes you should in my opinion post-vac it. 95% of the time for me it is absolutely necessary, as there are many staple fibers to pick up.

but if you are asking about post-vac'ing CGD (commercial glue down), then Marks response is sound and is what i practice.

thanx --- Derek.