Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cotton pads vs Tuway bonnets.

Question? Can the 20 inch cotton pad be used in place of a tuway bonnet for removal of a wicking problem on level loop berber. I assume that I just mist the pad or area with H2o then pad with my challenger. I dont have the tuway pads. Any help. Thanks. Chuck

Re: Cotton pads vs Tuway bonnets.

I've never used tuway pads, Chuck. I just clean berber in the usual manner. Spray on the cleaner. Scrub away with my Challenger using all-cotton, or 90%-cotton terry pads. I doubt if you'll ever have a wicking problem this way. If you somehow get an area too wet, use a dry pad to blot up excessive moisture.

hi Chuck,

to add to what Mark said, i don't see a reason to use ThinOnes on berber instead of cotton. the only time i recommend using ThinOnes for residential carpet is for a Frieze.XUXT

for commercial i only recommend a ThinOne if you are Encap'ing and don't want to tear up your cotton pad.

ThinOnes are less aggressive and are thus better suited to the "delicate" Frieze (in the hands of a new OP user).

thanx --- Derek.

I recently bought a machine from Excellent Supply (awesome customer service)and it came with 6 Tuway bonnets I had only used double sided cotton bonnets in the past and thought synthetic bonnets did not work as well not being as absorbent as cotton. But I have foung that on berber the tuway bonnets worked very well and they do last longer. I cotton on cut pile and Tuway on berber.