Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
tip-blooming

I always hear stories from some others in the biz about horror stories when rotary / bonnet cleaning about tip blooming, is this a big concern with OPing?

Re: tip-blooming

I've been using orbital equipment (several manufacturers) since 1995. And rotary for a couple of years before that. I have never had a customer make reference to anything that sounds like the tip blooming that people on various websites, forums, etc., like to try and attribute to these methods of cleaning. And this is based on serving hundred of customers every year. Tip blooming is what is referred to in the legal field as a "red herring".

Re: tip-blooming

Tip bloom is a real worry, and needs to be something you pay attention to whenever you see a nylon cut pile, especially frieze.

My home has frieze and after first getting the challenger I excitedly ran it over two rooms of my house with the 8" glider on and a wet cotton pad. Only one pass per area, and there IS a small amount of tip fraying. The type of thing a customer wouldn't notice, but it's still there.

Just because your customers probably don't know what it is doesn't mean you shouldn't be careful. If the same customer has you back to their home 4 or 5 times and each time you fray it a bit more they might then start to notice.

That being said, when you see these "fragile" carpets I recommend using microfiber, tuway thinone, or preferably the Gladiator pads as these are FAR easier on carpets than 100% cotton. Any of these with a glider will reduce your risk of blooming to near zero.