Nature's Quick-Dry Forum

Welcome to The Nature's Quick-Dry Forum. Feel free to post a message.

Challenger Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bowling Alley Florescent Carpet

Hi All,
I'm putting a bid together for a bowling alley which has the popular glow in the dark carpet which produces special effects whey they dim the lights and turn up the black light. Are there any special precautions I need to take when cleaning this carpet? I'm told that the glow in the dark properties are in the cartpet itself and not some treatment on the carpet so it should clean OK but I want to hear it from a pro who has been there and done that. The two types of cleansing agents I use are Outsolve or Wham. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

John / Rapid Dry

Re: Bowling Alley Florescent Carpet

THAT'S a new one! Can you find the name of the carpet manufacturer, then call or email them re. any particular concerns they would have? I would NOT just call the carpet's distributor/sales location. These people are notoriously unreliable in providing credible technical info. Or perhaps you could first try cleaning just a limited area - one that is pretty much out of sight, and see if there has been any diminishing of the "glow in the dark" effect. Just doing an area with your orbital stair tool should provide you with the answer.

Re: Bowling Alley Florescent Carpet

mark said pretty much what i thought when i read the question... do a small section... then look at it after it's dried and everything...

side note... cosmic bowling (as it's called where i lived) is REALY fun when you're on percacets (SP?)... not that having your teeth pulled the day before then going bowling is ideal IMHO haha